- Take it easy, ride defensively.
- Figure out how to strap all your stuff on your bike before the ride starts, including an extra fuel can.
- When packing your bike make sure you can get to your tools, petrol tank and oil easily without having to pull everything off the bike.
- Work out your tools with your team so you don't double up.
- We will be riding through some isolated parts of the South Island so include a First Aid kit in your team’s gear.
- The ride is around 1600km so work out how much petrol your bike will use and budget for it.
- If you were thinking of getting a GoPro this is a good excuse to get one. If you've got one bring it. Footage and photos will be collected at the end of each day to make a DVD of the event.